Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A new time for me!

I'm going through a trying time right now.

Today is my 3rd day of not smoking. Yup! I'm quitting, and actually doing quite well. The cravings are hard, but the routine of smoking is the hardest part to break. You know, the after dinner smoke, or the smoke with your morning coffee, well, some of you might not understand, but it's that habit that is hard.

It is especially difficult with Atreyu right now. He is not making anything easier for me lol. Usually if i needed a 5 minute brake from his misbehavior, i would go outside and smoke, and unwind. But not any more, now i have to learn a new technique of dealing with frustration and stress. I do not want to replace cigarettes with food or drink, but just learn to deal with out cigarettes.

I am proud of myself though. I am going with out using patches, gum, lozenges or pills. I did use a Electronic cigarette for the first day, to cut the edge of the craving, but haven't used it since. Hopefully i can keep this up!

1 comment:

  1. Totally awesome Stacy, that is such a hard thing to do. I have had some friends go through the same thing. Some ideas to unwind, I put Tommy in his crib and lay on my bed for a few minutes. Or I get on the computer. I do eat, though I know you don't want to do that. Listening to music is good. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete