Thursday, October 4, 2012

Feeling disconnected.

Lately, I've been feeling really disconnected with my family in Bakersfield. I've spoken to my dad a couple of times since moving, mostly on holidays, and my mom twice. Since April. My brother, not at all, little sister, nope (who didn't even show up to say goodbye before we moved.)

I may not fit in with the rest of my family, as i live an alternative lifestyle as they do, but really? I make different life choices as they do, live by what my dad always taught: Make your own choices. They may not be the choices my family would like, but they are mine.

I know I could make more of an effort to call, email, or even text a little more, but even when i do, i don't usually get a response. I really do not want to sound like a whiny drama queen teenage girl, but it really feels like my family doesn't care. It felt like that even when we lived in Bakersfield. I would see my family maybe once a month, holidays, birthdays, or random special occasions, and even then it felt like a last minute "Oh! Maybe we should invite her."


Andy's family, on the other hand, is totally opposite. Calls, texts, care packages, emails, even Facebook interaction all the time. I love our relationship with them! We can't wait for them to visit, and never want them to leave. Laurie has been a great mother in law, the best i could ever expect! Helped me plan my whole wedding, threw my baby shower, lots of girl time pedicures, a wonderful grandma, and great support through all the tough times Andy and i have been through, a Dave there every step of the way (except the pedicures, i don't think he's metro...:D). I really cannot wait for them to move up here, i miss seeing them, hanging out, and watching Atreyu play with his Nana and Papa!

Miss these guys! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about your family, but that's awesome that you have great in-laws. My in-laws have never liked me, so we don't get along. I'm sorry you are feeling disconnected, and I hope it gets better, though. :)

    ReplyDelete